First Step towards Holistic Sustainable Development
United Nations has declared Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to achieve by 2030. India is also signatories to it. The Sustainable Development Goals are inclusive of all community, people centric and holistic development through 17 identified goals. Indian Government has initiated thematic approach of 17 SDGs into 9 broad themes at grass root, village & Panchayat level; for instance theme 3 – initiated as Child Friendly Village through concentrated & collaborative efforts of all concerned stake holders, so that every child can enjoy their childhood in true sense.
- Child Friendly Village has to achieve; United Nations Sustainable Development Goal No. – (3) Good Health & Wellbeing, (4) Quality Education, (5) Gender Equality, (10) Reduce inequalities, (16) Peace, Justice and strong institutions
- Create resultant environment as per the Juvenile Justice System for the children in need of care & protection; especially for (1) Orphan Children, (2) Single Parent Children, (3) Differently able children, (4) Children out of School, (5) children of migrant parents, (6) Out of School adolescents specifically adolescent girls, (7) Malnourished Children, (8) Child Labour and (9) Dyslexic children.
- Create awareness and activism in all the stakeholders and to develop their collective strength for the above Objective (a) and (b).
- Aware the children for their rights. Form their groups for their participation, to make them understand the democratic values and civic responsibilities.
- Sensitize local administration and government system and support them to fulfill their task.